Happy New Year! The end of the year and beginning of a new one provides a natural place for us to pause, reflect and move forward with intention for ourselves, our families, our teams. As you begin a new chapter in 2023, it’s my hope that this focused set of questions will serve as a valuable framework for reflecting on your past year, both personally and professionally as a leader, and as a helpful planning tool for you to set more meaningful goals and thrive in your new year. In the spirit of the season, please share this with anyone who might benefit from it.
Cheers to a happy, healthy, and intentionally successful new year!
Kathy Gibala, Sr. Vice President
11 Key Questions for a Great New Year, Personally and Professionally
- On a scale of 1-10, how happy am I with my past year? What would make it higher?
- Where did I succeed? What am I most proud of from the past year? What are some standout moments? Where did I make a difference?
- Where did I step outside my comfort zone? How did it feel? What did I learn and how did I grow as a person, as a leader as a result? How can I build on this in 2023?
- What are my top 5 values? How did my calendar and my interactions reflect my values?
- What challenges did I face and what did I learn from them? (We often power through without reflecting on lessons learned from the tough times).
- What progress did I make on my professional and personal goals? Who provided support in my achievement of these goals? How have I expressed my gratitude and appreciation?
- What 1-3 words best capture my vision for 2023? What are three key things I will need to do to achieve my vision/goals? Who can help me?
- What key relationships do I want to build, enhance, repair? What action steps will I take?
- What is one new positive habit I want to intentionally establish in 2023? (This could be in place of a habit that isn’t serving you well that you’d like to replace.)
- How will I generate the energy I need to be vibrant in all key areas of my life?
- What brings me joy and how will I do more of that in the coming year?